Friday, April 19, 2013

Talya & Corks!


Talya To The Rescue!

Because I Got Nothing!! 

I started my blog off last year saying that I drink wine I don't write about it. And sure enough every once in a while I can't think of anything to write. Often
Talya To The Rescue 
one of my readers will make a suggestion and I suddenly can write a blog, sometimes a way too long one at that!

Well this time nothing...I mean total blank. Luckily I have a great friend that's a prolific writer. She's writing a novel, a children's book, she blogs and blogs some more. And if you read my blog very often you know I'm talking about Talya Boerner. 

She appears here often and today she is coming to my rescue. That's all I got so here's Talya...

Cheers!
Harold         


We drink wine in our house. As a result, we have bowls and bowls of wine corks. Only so many can be used as decorations. 

I decided to put a few to work this spring as garden markers. This project is simple and quick. 

All you need are corks, wooden skewers and a sharpie marker. 


Secure the skewer to the bottom of the cork. The skewer is sharp so it can easily be screwed in. Cut or break the skewer to the size desired. Label the cork with the plant and stake it in the ground.


That's it!

Annabelle, my garden helper:)

talya

Grace Grits & Gardening
The Neighborhood Wine Porch Party!



























































Be sure to join and follow Talya's very entertaining blog, grace grits and gardening, which is a wonderful read about life and growing up in a small town. She also has a facebook page for Grace Grits and Gardening. And you can follow her each week at lakewood.advocatemag.com where she blogs about the history of Munger Place and East Dallas. 


You can now follow The Neighborhood Wine Porch Party on Facebook where this blog appears weekly as well as listings for wine events, recipes and additional wine information. While on the page, please take the time to “Like” it and share it with your friends.

You can also follow the blog and my comments about wine on Twitter @winegonewild. 

Also please add your comments below & take the time to “join our blog” on the top right hand side of this page.

You don’t have to live in Munger Place to join the blog, "Like" us on facebook or follow us on Twitter.                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment